Estate Planning and Estate Administration
Robinson Brog knows how important it is to put an estate plan in place and then keep the plan current in light of significant events in your life. We can help you create an estate plan that meets your needs now and in the future.
Robinson Brog's attorneys create estate planning solutions that are tax efficient, maximize value, and address your personal circumstances. Combining tax, finance, and legal knowledge with real-world business experience, we will create solutions that meet your estate planning and wealth preservation goals.
Some of the estate planning tools we utilize are:
- Wills: We draft wills based on our clients' individual needs, offering legal counsel that helps ensure your will is not just valid and enforceable, but tailored to you and your family;
- Trusts: We help our clients protect wealth and take care of loved ones by transferring assets to trusts that, like wills, are created to address the individual needs of our clients and their loved ones;
- Durable Powers of Attorney: We create durable powers of attorney to help our clients protect their finances in the event they become incapacitated;
- Living Wills & Health Care Proxies: We draft living wills and health care proxies so that you can be assured your medical professionals and loved ones will make the right decisions about your healthcare in the event that you are unable to communicate your wishes.
Once an estate plan or trust has been created, effective administration is critical to making sure the goals of your estate plan or trust are achieved.
Robinson Brog's Estates and Trusts group represents executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in achieving fair and effective estate and trust administration in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
When our clients serve as executors or trustees, we counsel our clients how best to fulfill their duties as fiduciaries. We represent fiduciaries and beneficiaries in accounting proceedings and have a fiduciary accountant on staff to assist in financial management of estates and trusts and preparing fiduciary tax returns and formal accountings. We also maintain bank accounts and interact with investment managers.
Finally, Robinson Brog attorneys have decades of experience in contested estate and trust matters. We represent executors, family members, and other beneficiaries in estate and trust disputes. In these often emotional situations, we are focused on obtaining solutions that are fair and practical for our clients.
- Estate Taxes in Flux – Take Advantage of Gifting in 2012
- Gifting Strategies in 2011 and 2012
- Estate Planning After the Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2010
- Estate Planning in 2010
- Marriage, Divorce, and Estate Planning
- Force Majeure, Impossibility, and Frustration of Purpose In the Era of COVID-19
- Business Interruption Insurance Coverage for COVID-19
- Estate Planning
- Dispute Resolution
- Estate/Trust Administration
- Marital Agreements
- Business Planning
- Tax Planning and Administration