Jeanne R. Solomon
Phone: (212) 603-6310
Jeanne Solomon is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Transactional, Capital Markets, Entertainment & Media Services and Licensing & Intellectual Property Departments. Jeanne focuses her practice on corporate, commercial and securities law including corporate governance, equity and debt offerings, acquisitions and dispositions, commercial contracts, credit financings and restructurings as well as representation of indenture trustees and agents in transactions and restructurings. Jeanne regularly represents buyers, sellers, companies, and investors in strategic and financial mergers and acquisitions, financings and recapitalizations. Jeanne also advises early and growth stage companies and investors in venture and growth capital financings and has served as outside general counsel to emerging growth and established operating companies. Jeanne has represented companies in their blockchain and cryptocurrency transactions and has formed and represented benefit corporations and other social enterprise companies. She also has reviewed and negotiated website privacy policies and terms and conditions and commercial agreements including supply, manufacturing, distribution, and license and other intellectual property agreements.
Areas of Practice:
New York, 1993
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1992, Law Review, staff
Brown University, B.A., 1988
- Assisted in the representation of public issuers and voluntary filers in drafting and updating corporate governance documents including board and committee charters, codes of conduct, governance guidelines, authorization limit guidelines, insider trading policies, social media policies and related party transaction policies.
- Assisted in the representation of public issuers in 144A offerings of senior notes and convertible debentures and related Exchange Act registrations through exchange offers and resale registrations, and with subsequent redemptions, including related conversions and make-whole payments.
- Assisted in the representation of companies in connection with initial public offerings and additional equity offerings.
- Assisted in the representation of companies in connection with acquisitions and dispositions, including the sale by a public company of significant surplus assets; the sale by an Indian outsourcing services business of its stock and assets; and the sale by a large document technology company of part of its business to another document technology company (including international aspects of stock and asset sales).
- Assisted in the representation of public issuer in numerous refinancings of its large credit facility, including international aspects of collateralization of refinanced facility.
- Assisted in the representation of SPAC issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings of equity securities.
- Assisted in the representation of a Nasdaq-listed company in a series of 3(a)(9) exchanges of outstanding warrants for shares of common stock.
- Assisted in the representation of banks and other institutions acting as trustees, escrow agents and paying agents in connection with domestic and international transactions and projects.
Campaign for Change 2008, volunteer
Election Day Legal Protection, volunteer
Organized non-profit companies and cooperatives in New York State and assisted such start-up companies in Brooklyn with corporate and tax matters, including procuring education and ASCPA clearance to incorporate and advising community supported agriculture (CSA) groups as to appropriate federal tax-exempt status category.
- A Closer Look At New Calif. Pension Fund Climate Law
- SEC Shares Road Map on Cryptocurrency ETFs
- Routine Annual Activities To Be Completed By NYSE MKT-Listed Companies
- Routine Annual Activities To Be Completed By Voluntary Filers
- Routine Annual Activities To Be Completed By NASDAQ-Listed Companies
- Routine Annual Activities To Be Completed By Companies with Securities Trading on OTC Markets
- Routine Annual Activities To Be Completed By NYSE-Listed Companies
- 'Going Dark' Presents Traps for Unwary Companies Following an Acquisition
- SEC Proposes New Regulatory Framework For Crowdfunding
- Crowdfunding: The JOBS Act and the SEC’s Missing Rules