Phone: (212) 603-6300 Fax: (212) 956-2164
Allan Moreland, a Partner in the Firm's Corporate Transactional Department, and a naturalized Brazilian, has over 25 years’ experience in major U.S. law firms managing cross-border Latin American and Caribbean financing and corporate transactions, including high-yield, Euro and sovereign bond issuances, structured finance transactions (including future-flow receivables and pre-export transactions) and all types of lending transactions.
Mr. Moreland also has substantial experience in advising on M&A (especially Latin American distressed M&A) and private equity transactions. He has spent almost all of his career working with clients in Brazil, the rest of Latin America and the Caribbean.
Among the highlights of Mr. Moreland's career are:
• Advising underwriters and issuers in respect of dozens of cross-border bond issuances
• Representing the Government of Belize in five separate sovereign bond transactions
• Representing the purchasers/borrowers in an acquisition loan financing involving security located in sixteen separate Caribbean jurisdictions
• Representing a major multilateral development bank in the first-ever Dollar-denominated financing back by Brazilian Real-denominated real estate receivables
• Structuring and negotiating export receivables securitizations involving the Brazilian steel industry
• Advising the sureties in connection with the ticket sales securitizations of major Latin American airlines.
Mr. Moreland is registered with the Brazilian OAB-SP as a foreign legal advisor and speaks fluent Portuguese, German and good Spanish.
Areas of Practice:
New York - 1989
Mr. Moreland studied History and German at Northwestern University, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa and With Highest Distinction in 1985. In 1988, Mr. Moreland received my JD from Columbia University Law School, where he was a Harlan Fisk Stone Scholar.